PTA appreciates the commitment of all of our volunteers and education professionals who work with children, youth and families in schools and our communities. We believe it is important to publicly recognize those individuals and organizations that provide outstanding service to PTA. Several awards are available to help units/councils/districts show their appreciation for dedicated volunteers, professionals and groups.
Fourth District PTA Awards
The Fourth District PTA will present the awards at the annual Administrators’ Dinner on March 9, 2017. .
Fill in the basic information in the text blocks on the applications pages. You may submit supplemental information such as photos, fliers, newspaper clippings, etc. at the bottom of each application by uploading the documents or photos.
If you submitted an application for a State PTA Spotlight Award, you may submit a copy of that award application for consideration for a comparable Fourth District PTA award. Please upload your State PTA application form as you would other supplemental information.
Please click on the appropriate link below to be redirected to the online application form. By clicking on “SUBMIT” at the bottom of the online form, your application will be submitted. Watch for an email, notifying you that your application has been received.
- Creative (UNIT) Membership Award Online Application
- Creative Program Award Online Application
- Outstanding Local Advocacy Award Online Application
- Outstanding Unit/Council Award Online Application
- Outstanding Teacher or Administrator Award Online Application
If you want to print a paper copy of the application forms, please click on the links below:
- Creative (UNIT) Membership Award 2016-2017
- Creative Program Award 2016-2017
- Outstanding Local Advocacy Award 201-2017
- Outstanding Unit/Council Award 2016-2017
- Outstanding Teacher or Administrator Award 2016-2017
Fourth District PTA Honorary Service Award
Fourth District PTA will present Honorary Service Awards to deserving individuals at the year-end luncheon on June 8, 2017. You may nominate an individual or an organization to receive an Honorary Service Award, Continuing Service Award, the Very Special Person, the Golden Oak or Fourth District PTA’s own Golden Orange Award.
Nominations must be received in the Fourth District PTA office by Thursday, May 11, 2017.
Please remember that your nominee should be someone who has gone above and beyond their job description, someone who has shown true dedication to children and youth throughout the Fourth District (Orange County and the portion of Los Angeles County included in Fourth District) and who is representative of the entire Fourth District PTA community.
Please click on the link below to be redirected to online application form. By clicking on “SUBMIT” at the bottom of the online form, your application will be submitted. Watch for an email, notifying you that your application has been received.
If you want to print a paper copy of the application forms, please click on he link below:
California State PTA Awards
PTA Unit Spotlight Award
PTA Unit/Council Spotlight Awards recognize successful programs that are planned, organized and implemented by PTAs. They also provide the opportunity to share your model program with other PTA leaders at a California State PTA Convention workshop.
Eligibility requirements and application tips are available at the link below.
- PTA Unit/Council Spotlight Award Form: You may also submit your application for a State PTA Spotlight Award to Fourth District PTA to be considered for recognition by Fourth District PTA.
Spotlight Awards may be granted to units or councils in these categories:
- Leadership Development
- Student Achievement
- Family Involvement
- Membership and Outreach
- Student Involvement
Download applications for all of the Spotlight Awards here.
Units/Councils recognized with Spotlight Awards will receive two paid registrations to the annual California State PTA convention, a $100 gift certificate for use at the convention PTA Store, on-stage recognition at the convention and the opportunity to spread the word about their programs at a convention workshop.
Honorary Service Awards
Honorary Service Awards (HSA) are available to recognize the service and dedication of both individuals and organizations. They may be awarded only by PTA districts, councils, units, and the California State PTA and should be presented by duly authorized PTA representatives at PTA-sponsored meetings or at functions of allied groups. The HSA Program includes the Honorary Service Award, Continuing Service Award, Golden Oak Service Award, Very Special Person Award, and donations to the HSA Program. A person may receive more than one of any of these awards.
Award certificates and pins may be purchased through the California State PTA Store. All funds collected with this program are used exclusively to support the California State PTA scholarship and grant programs. Note: Honorary Service Awards may be awarded at anytime throughout the year.
- HSA Nomination Form (Or you may create your own form.)
- Order HSA awards online at the PTA Store
- Download a brochure about the different HSA awards available.
- HSA Order Form (Print and mail)
- In Memoriam or Tribute Donation form
Allow at least two weeks for delivery.
California State PTA recognizes PTA units, councils and districts that achieve a special, anniversary milestone as a chartered PTA association. When unit, council and district PTAs in good standing reach these special milestones, they are recognized as Legacy PTAs with a certificate issued by California State PTA:
- 50 years chartered as a PTA
- 60 years chartered as a PTA
- 70 years chartered as a PTA
- 75 years chartered as a PTA
- 80 years chartered as a PTA
- 90 years chartered as a PTA
- 100 years chartered as a PTA
National PTA Awards
- The National Jan Harp Domene Diversity & Inclusion Award – Honoring the memory, advocacy and legacy of past California State PTA President Jan Harp Domene, this award recognizes PTAs that best demonstrate outstanding achievement in the areas of diversity and inclusion, as well as efforts to end discriminatory practices. The award is presented to one state PTA, one local PTA and one council or district PTA at the Annual National PTA Convention.
- The National Phoebe Apperson Hearst Innovation in Family Engagement Award – Named for National PTA co-founder Phoebe Apperson Hearst, this award recognizes and celebrates achievements in building effective family-school partnerships. Award recipients receive $2,000 and National PTA Convention recognition. The National PTA also awards four Merit Award certificates for exemplary family engagement initiatives.
- The National Shirley Igo Advocate of the Year Award – Named for tireless children’s advocate Shirley Igo — a lifelong model of public service and volunteerism — this award is granted to an individual PTA member who, through their leadership and advocacy efforts, affected federal policy priorities within PTA’s annual Public Policy Agenda. Award recipients receive an all-expense-paid trip to the National PTA Legislative Conference and recognition at a Capitol Hill awards ceremony in Washington, D.C.