NEW THIS YEAR!
The “T” in PTA Membership Challenge!
Your school can be entered into a drawing for free convention registration simply by having your teachers join PTA! See the complete guidelines and application below.
Membership Challenge Guidelines
Here’s how to enter into a drawing to receive one of three FREE California State PTA Convention registration in San Jose on April 28-30, 2017:
- 100% of your full-time credentialed teachers join your PTA,
- Your PTA increases membership above last year’s total, AND
- A completed application is received in the Fourth District office by February 1, 2017.
The purpose of this challenge is two-fold. It honors the support and loyalty of our teacher members, and it strives for continued increasing membership.
How does my school qualify? Meet the criteria listed above. (Note: Your unit must be in good standing.) Complete the application with both the signatures of the principal and president. Attach a list of full-time teachers. Qualifying units will be entered into a drawing, and three schools will be chosen at random to receive the free registration.
There are four ways to submit your application:
- Mail it to Fourth District PTA, 1520 Brookhollow Drive, Suite #40 Santa Ana, CA 92705. (Make sure it arrives by 2/1/16. A postmark of 2/1/16 is insufficient.)
- Scan and email to: email@example.com
- FAX to: 714.241.0497
- Hand deliver to Fourth District Office
How do I complete the application?
- Every full-time credentialed teacher must have joined, and remitted dues through channels and received in the Fourth District office by midnight on February 1st.
- A list of full-time credentialed teachers must accompany the application. Your principal’s signature will verify that all full-time credentialed teachers are listed.
- The signature of the PTA president will verify that dues for every full-time credentialed teacher have been remitted through channels.
How do we determine which teachers to include on the list?
- This challenge is based on the number of full-time, credentialed teachers at your school.
- Para-educators, aides, classified staff, etc… are valued PTA members, but not a part of this challenge.
- Work with your principal. A list of full-time teachers is probably already available.
How do we determine if our unit has increased membership?
- A unit has increased membership if their total on February 1, 2017 exceeds the year-end total of June 30, 2016.
- Council and Fourth District leaders can provide you with membership totals.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org